Saturday, December 26, 2009

Yeah

The headline may be the most FAIL headline in the history of blogging... Anyway. I am sitting here, it's... um... 1:13 a.m. and I am not very tired. Maybe that's due to the fact that today (or yesterday, depending on how you see it) is Christmas Day and I have overdosed on sugar all day. Not five minutes ago I finished my orange juice, or well, really... Festis. And that stuff has got a lot of sugar in it. I am chatting over MSN (oh, just those three letters bring back memories of Nerimon's video about Facebook <3) with a friend, and I figured I should write a crossover fanfiction about Harry Potter and Twilight, starring the main characters of both series attending Hogwarts. So I was, with my friend's help (hello, Malin, you're probably reading this :P) brainstorming what to put in such a story. We came up with, for instance, Edward fighting with an HP-vampire, such as Sanguini, over who is real. You know... "Look, I must be real, I sparkle!" "No way, sister, check out my fangs!" Hey, you get the picture. Keep a look-out on fanfiction.net for some time and it might just pop up at the bottom of [redacted]'s profile. Yeah, that's me 8D Soo, yesterday (or the day before that, once again depending entirely on how you see it) was obviously Christmas Eve, and for those of you reading my blog who are familiar with Swedish customs, you know that Christmas Eve is when we celebrate Christmas. Well, that means that I spent yesterday, from 1 p.m., at my mum's parents' place, hanging out with my mum, my dad, my brother, my mum's brother and his wife, and their kids aka my cousins, and my mum's parents, and my mum's mother's father. And why I am emphasizing "mum" is because I want you to know who's side of my family we're on. As you might suspect from my large list of relatives, it can become rather chaotic. It did, too. We got there, and I picked my iPod and a book (Eldest by Christopher Paolini) out, thinking to pass the time until Donald Duck started at 3 p.m. (another Swedish tradition). My mum, though, didn't like me reading when I "should be socializing", so I had to obediantly put my book away and join in the boring grown-up discussion. Secretly, I was listening to my iPod *insert manical laughter* Donald Duck was hilarious, as every year, and then it was time for... more boring time-killing. I sort of occupied my grandma's computer and played role-playing games until it was time for... SANTA! Well, it wasn't really Santa, and while we are on the subject, I will tell you that I do not believe in Santa Claus. But my oldest cousin is, after all, only two years old, and HE sure believes in Santa. So my grandpa dressed up in white beard, Santa hat and a red coat and, carrying a sack of presents, he entered and said "Have the children here been good?" Poking my brother in the side, I thought this would be a good time to remind him of his own two-year-old Christmas, when he hid behind the couch because the big, scary Santa was in the room. Especially since my cousin, when gramps/Santa reads "Merry Christmas Adam" off a present, promptly walks up to him, takes the present, turns around, sits down and starts tugging at the wrapping. The present contained a blue toy bus, complete with doors that can open and a luggage compartment, which my cousin then insisted on taking to bed when he got tired. I got quite a lot if great presents, too, including several pieces of candy and an iTunes gift card, already well spent on the Parselmouth album Pretty in Pink (and Green) and the ALL CAPS album Songs in the Key of E-mail. I love those songs - ALL CAPS will release another album soon! Yay! *cough* In your face, Christian *cough* Soo, now I'm TIRED. Or no, I just feel I have blogged enough for one night. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment